Monday, April 2, 2007

A(nother) food blog starts

Hello !

I was almost tempted to write Hello World, the way one does while writing the very first program in any computer language. Well, here is my first attempt on food blogging, and thus the temptation of a programmer(an outdated one now!).

From an engineer to an MBA, a writer to a cook, I hope I can do justice to this food blog. I am a novice but I love cooking, I love trying out recipes. It was by chance that I landed upon a food blog. With the help of blog rolls I jumped and hopped all over the places. Sometimes as a ghost reader, sometimes putting my comments.

Having tried in these 3 months some 6 new recipes, I am not at all armed to write down my creations but I have now a raring appetite to try new recipes and post them. And I do tweak recipes and add my variation depending upon (un)availibility of ingredients.

May be this blog will not serve as much interest to other food bloggers who are great at their jobs, but at least it will serve as my online journal to recipes tried and tasted!

The next post will be about Kathi Paneer Roll, tried with variationn on saturday, credits to Tarla Dalal for the recipe and hubby for photos.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Vidwata,
welcoming you into the foodblogging universe (rather than world)...hope to see your cooking enthusiasm in plenty!

Woman of word said...

Hi Vidwata,

I DID use Hello world as the title of my first post!

Its quite interesting to see someone who has been brought up in the same orthodox environment as me and having had to initially struggle to prove that you can indeed cook! I've had my experiences too... my SIL used to call me up and tell me how to make the simplest of the cabbage subzi, when I could cook up a complete meal for the family 7yrs before the wedding!

Looking fwd for more of your posts..