Monday, April 16, 2007

The kitchen queens

So, why are there no new posts? Hubby inquires.

Hmm, there is hardly anything I can actually put up. Food blogging is not an easy cup of tea! I put up my excuse. But the hubby (as hubbies are) is not letting me go just at that. He takes his dig, 'ego problem' , 'no one visiting your blog'. I tell him how I have not been taught to measure while cooking, one such important thing while writing a recipe. This I realize when I try out dishes from other food blogs.


For now, as a gesture of thanks and for my easy reference for later, I am going to list down recipes I have tried and enjoyed from the food blog universe, ever since my introduction to this heavenly part of the web. I have tried to put them in the chronicle order as they appeared on my dining table!

Matar Puri from Susarla's Kitchen

Food Lover's Chiroti Paratha (that I have come to call spiral parathas and make both aaloo paratha and gobhi paratha using her technique)

Food Lover's Tomato Chutney

Priya's Kadala Chana with a twist (where I do not add the coconut at all)

Sri's Methi Thepla
(my only twist is instead of ginger/garlic/chillies/cilantro paste, I add a little cilantro chutney which has ginger and green chillies, thats because I keep cilantro chutney handy for parathas and its quick use )

Sri's Pulaw
(again, I do away the GG paste and put just a little cilantro chutney, cause I had it handy and do not use garlic so extensively, however I am sure the pulaw did not become green)

Palak Paneer from Mahanandi
( I followed the recipe to the words except omitting to add the kajus all together, tasted heavenly)

Bhatura from Vee

Moong Daal Chilla from Ashwini's Food for thought

Hmm, I am hoping to try pineapple chutney and Aloo posto from Sandeepa's cook book soon!

Thats all for now!

Long live the kitchen queens.

3 comments:

Ashwini said...

Show your hubby this comment!
I am so glad you liked chillas and welcome to blogosphere

Vidwata said...

Ashwini,

That was soo sweet of you! will show hubby first thing, he comes home.

Unknown said...

You are starting off beautifully Vidwata and your writing will draw many readers to your blog...I have already added you to my blogroll - my two bits to promote some lovely writing